Our Returns Policy must be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change the Returns Policy at any time.
We hope that you are happy with the items you have ordered and we work hard to ensure that every order leaves our delivery centre correct and perfectly packed.
When you receive your item, you must check it as soon as possible following receipt and always before use.
If an error should occur, please notify us immediately, within 48 hours of receiving the goods, and our customer service team will work quickly and efficiently to ensure it is rectified with as little inconvenience to you as possible.
You have changed your mind, there is an error or mistake?
Returns only accepted if it is unopened and in its original packaging and unused conditions. We will not accept returns for items that have been used or if the packaging and tags have been removed. We will only accept the returned items in the same condition as we sent.
What to do to return your item?
- Should the item be received in a damaged state or if you believe your goods have been tampered with in anyway please contact us immediately so that we may rectify the situation as soon as possible.
- Should you wish to return a product please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org first explaining the reason for return and your order number so that we can advise you accordingly.
- Please note that only if the goods were faulty, damaged or the order was wrong only then you would eligible for a full refund and the postage expenses cover. We will be happy to refund the cost of item once we receive it.
- Please make sure when returning something that you securely package the item as anything damaged in the post returned back to us due to being insufficiently packaged may receive no refund. Don`t forget to include inside the package your order number, name and address.
- Please obtain a proof of postage from the Post Office when you send your item to us. It is your responsibility to keep the Proof of postage as we may not be able to process your refund or replacement in the unlikely event that your item is lost in transit. Any item you have accepted and then return is your responsibility until it reaches our warehouse. Please ensure that you return your item using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods. We would advise you to send the item back by either recorded delivery or special delivery.
- Please return the parcel to the following address:
- The Grocery Box Company Limited
- Quality Assurance
- Unit 3, The Workshop
- Westerton Farm, Killearn
- Glasgow, G63 9LE
- United Kingdom
What happens next?
All products returned to us are checked by our Product Quality team. Products returned by you because of a defect, will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you.
If you are exchanging goods and the new item you require costs less than the one you have returned, we will refund the difference to the card you used to place your original order. If you are exchanging goods and the new item you require costs more than the one you returned, then an additional payment is needed and we will contact you for this before dispatching your replacement items.
If you request a replacement and the product is no longer available, we will process the refund back to the original credit/debit card account used to purchase the item. Please note, it usually takes up to 10 working days for the money to reach your Bank account.
Wrong item received
Please accept our apology, if you have received the wrong item. Mistakes might occasionally be made. When you receive your item, you must check it as soon as possible before use. We are unable to issue a refund for any opened items even though the item sent to you was wrong.
If an error should occur, please notify us immediately, within 48 hours of receiving the goods, and we will work to ensure it is resolved with as little inconvenience to you as possible.
To receive a refund or a replacement, you must return the item in the same condition within 10 working days from the day on which you received the item. Postage cost will be refunded to you in the event of being sent an incorrect order due to our oversight.
Damaged or faulty items
We understand how frustrating this can be and want to resolve this as quickly as possible for you.
If you believe that the item is faulty, please contact us. You will need to tell us exactly what the fault is and as soon as possible after discovering the fault and we will advise what to do next. Sometimes we do require photographic proof of any incorrect, faulty or damaged goods before any returns are accepted.
Our Returns Policy for faulty items upholds yours as a customer rights.
We apologise if you have not received your item. Please be assured that we will rectify the matter by either issuing a full refund or by sending a replacement, however some rules are applied. There is tracking on all deliveries and confirmation of delivery through our delivery provider.
To receive a refund or a replacement, you must inform us that you have not received your item only after 5 working days from the day on which you received an email from us confirming that the item had been completed (dispatched).
All items that we post are posted via our courier delivery partner. Regulations stipulate that a parcel posted within the UK will only be classed as missing after 20 working days have passed and an International Signed For parcel will only be classed as missing after 25 working days have passed.
If in the unlikely event you have not received your parcel we can then after 20 working days either issue a full refund or send a replacement item if one should be available. We appreciate that this is frustrating when you are waiting for something to turn up, however our courier partner has set these rules and regulations and if we do not strictly adhere to them then they do not entitle us for a claim. They must be done within 6 months of the item being completed (dispatched).
Returned Parcels due to wrong customer address or any other reason
If a parcel is returned to us and it is not due to the product quality or we deliver the wrong product(s), we are not responsible for the cost of posting the parcel back to you. If this happens you can either pay postage on the parcel to have it posted or alternatively we can refund the cost of the item only. We will not refund the money you originally paid for the postage and packaging.
If your delivery person doesn’t leave a “while you were out” card this is something you would have to pick up with the delivery company or your International Postal service as this is their responsibility and we have no control over it. For more information about MyHermes delivery partner, please visit their website.
If you have an allergic reaction to a product
Very occasionally people have reactions to certain products they haven’t used before. In all cases we recommend you visit your doctor in the first instance. However, we do not take any responsibility for this and we cannot issue the refund or a replacement. For further information, please contact us.
Please Note* At the completion of our manufacturing process, we perform thorough testing and certification to CTI (Centre Testing International) level to ensure the absence of any toxins, lead(Pb), Cadmium(Cd), Mercury(Hg) or Hexavalent Chromium(Cr(VI)) in our product.
We will not refund postage for items found to be in good working condition. We will process the postage deduction from the original credit/debit card account used to purchase the item or we will ask you to pay to our Bank account.
Import Duty and Currency Exchange Fluctuations
If you order item(s) from our website for delivery outside the UK, they might be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes.
Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be responsible for any breach by you of any such laws.
If you order item(s) from our website for delivery outside the UK and you pay in USD or EUR, this might be a subject of Currency Exchange Fluctuations. We do not take any responsibility for currency exchange loss. We recommend you to visit your Bank Account Manager in order to find the currency exchange rate before making the purchase on our website.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening events or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action.
- Storm, explosion, fire, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
If our performance is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. If we cannot find a solution to resolve the issue occurred, we do not take any responsibility for this.
- For more information about yours as a customer rights, please visit the UK Government’s website at: www.direct.gov.uk .
- We are constantly listing new items in our website shop, so please keep checking what we have available. If what you are looking for isn’t listed, Please contact us email@example.com.
*Please note that we may record your calls to help maintain our high standards of service.